LCNI 2019 - Sustainability
Location - Venue
Glasgow towards Sustainability
Glasgow is closely working with Universities, Academics, Researchers, Engineers and the City Council to become one of the most sustainable European Cities by 2020 and a world-leading centre for innovation and sustainability.
In 2017 the city was ranked in the 4th position worldwide as one of the most sustainable cities globally. The City Council and the award-winning for Green Tourism, Convention Bureau have set up an action plan towards creating a 100% sustainable modern city.
The city is now setting new targets, which is to become one of the first 'Net Zero' cities by 2045. Find out more here.
Scottish Event Campus (SEC)
Scottish Event Campus (SEC) is committed to reducing the environmental impact of its operations and all types of events that take place within its venues. The venue has retained a Gold Award for the Green Tourism Business Scheme and continued to excel in sustainability practices across the venue.
SEC has also managed to reduce waste to landfill by 5%; increase dry mixed recycling by 32%; metal recycling by 244%; glass recycling by 101% and food recycling by 102%, proving that it is one of the most sustainable venues in the UK.
Find out more here.
- The venue location has been chosen carefully to reduce our CO2 footprint. How? Surrounded by a huge number of hotels and with having our Gala Dinner venue around the corner. Walking is the best way to move around!
- LCNI and Scotrail provide to all delegates a 5-day pass for £5 coving the conference zone, between SEC and City Centre. Take advantage of that offer and move green by Train! Find out more here!
- For our more adventurous delegates, Nextbike is the best eco-friendly way of moving around the city and keep yourself fit. Nextbike stations can be found in major locations around the city and at SEC! Find more here!
- Don't forget always to travel in groups when you use vehicles.
LCNI is trying to go plastic-free! Your help is essential!
- Throughout the conference, only biodegradable cups will be provided for coffee/tea.
- Delegates are also pleased to use the reusable bottle which will be provided by the organisers and can be found in their delegate bag.
Don't waste your waste.
Recycling matters to us and the environment!
- Nothing gets wasted at LCNI! All the material that will be used to build the stands, as well as the set of the conference(floor and graphics), are 100% recyclable and all cables are reusable.
- Recycling points can be found in designated areas around the venue.
LCNI is all about smart grid and 'Net Zero'. Our venues prove it in action!
- Both Venues are using renewables and other forms of energy such as nuclear power, reducing the environmental impact and making them and us more eco-friendly.
- LED lights are in use to all rooms as well as BMS system which restrict energy usage to a need only basis, monitoring the usage in each area.
LCNI takes into consideration how food can affect our C02 footprint.
- All food products are coming from local suppliers and a great number of them are organic. Choosing caterers who trade with local businesses reduced our footprint but also supports the local economy!